- "Cultural Consumption in U.S. Museums and Performing Arts Organizations," Economia Della Cultura, Fall 2002.
- "Golden Rules," International Arts Manager, December 2000/January 2001, pages 22, 24.
- "Factors Influencing Subscription and Single-Ticket Purchases at Performing Arts Organizations," An overview of results and analysis of an extensive market research project conducted for the San Francisco Symphony, the San Francisco Ballet, the San Francisco Opera, and the American Conservatory Theater. International Journal of Arts Management, Volume 1, Number 2, Winter 1999.
- "Developing Dance Audiences: Lessons from America," Arts Business Magazine of the United Kingdom, Nov. 23, 1998.
- "Building Audiences for Dance," Arts Reach, March 1998.
- "Building Audiences for Dance," Dance/USA Journal, Fall 1997.
- "How the Arts Can Prosper Through Strategic Collaborations," in co-authorship with Philip Kotler. Harvard Business Review, Jan.-Feb. 1996.
- "Crisis in the Arts: The Marketing Response," in co-authorship with Philip Kotler, California Management Review, Fall 1996.